Trojan.Bankpatch Removal Tool description
This utility will clean a computer infected with Infostealer.Nadebanker and Trojan.Bankpatch.C
The Trojan.Bankpatch Removal Tool was designed to remove the infections of Trojan.Bankpatch.C and Infostealer.Nadebanker
· Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
· Close all running programs.
· Create a new folder named NSS in your C drive.
· Locate the file that you just downloaded.
· Double-click the NortonSecurityScan.exe file.
· Click Run.
· Click Browse, and then navigate to the following folder: C:\NSS
· Click Unzip.
· Click OK and then Close.
· Navigate to the following folder: C:\NSS
· Double-click the NSS.exe file.
· Read the License Agreement, and then click I Agree to continue.
· Click Full System Scan and then click Start Scan.
· If the following system files are reported to be infected with Trojan.Bankpatch.C and need to be restored continue to instructions to Restore the Infected System Files: kernel32.dll, powrprof.dll, wininet.dll
· Restart your computer and run Norton Security Scan again to ensure the system is clean.
· Insert the Windows XP/Windows Vista CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
· Restart the computer from the CD-ROM drive.
· Press R to start the Recovery Console when the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears.
· Select the option to access from the Recovery Console.
· Enter the administrator password and press Enter.
· At the command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each line:
ren kernel32.dll kernel32.old
ren powrprof.dll powrprof.old
ren wininet.dll wininet.old
expand [CD-ROM DRIVE LETTER]i386kernel32.dl_
expand [CD-ROM DRIVE LETTER]i386powrprof.dl_
expand [CD-ROM DRIVE LETTER]i386wininet.dl_
· The computer will now restart automatically.
· Run Norton Security Scan again to ensure the system is clean.