Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server Enterprise Edition description
Anti-virus protection of files transferred using the HTTP and FTP protocols via the MS Internet Security and Acceleration Server
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition (hereafter, also Kaspersky Anti-Virus for ISA Servers) is a system of anti-virus protection of files transferred using the HTTP and FTP protocols via the Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server. It ensures reliable protection of corporate networks from penetration of malicious software.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server acts as a filter that intercepts packets transferred via the HTTP and FTP protocols, isolates controlled objects from this data, analyzes them for the presence of viruses and prevents infected files and Web documents from penetrating a corporate network.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server Enterprise Edition includes data stream filters and the anti-virus kernel. The filters are integrated into Microsoft ISA Server as plug-ins, and the anti-virus kernel is installed into the system as a service.
The anti-virus protection is managed through a special interface built into the ISA administration snap-in for Microsoft Management Console (MMC) as an extension.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server Enterprise Edition will perform the following functions:
· Anti-virus protection and processing of data streams received from the Internet.
· Generation of data streams from disinfected files and the delivery of these streams to the client upon request.
· Scheduled and manual updating of the anti-virus database via the Internet, a local folder, or a shared folder.
· Logging of statistics about program performance and displaying the results using standard Windows tools.
· Management of license keys.
In addition, Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server allows the administrator to:
· Set parameters for anti-virus protection and for notifications about dangerous events.
· Create groups of users in accordance with the adopted network policy.
For example, you can use the existing administration division to define anti-virus policy settings for each of the groups created. This can significantly speed up the scanning process.
· Create a list of trusted servers for one or several groups of users; the traffic from these servers will be excluded from scanning for viruses.
· Create a list of types of object excluded from anti-virus protection.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus supports the following data transfer protocols:
· HTTP 1.0 and 1.1 (RFC 2616);
· FTP (RFC 959, 2389, Extensions to FTP);
· FTP over HTTP.